Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Putting The Pedal To The Metal: My First Car And My Dream Car

     Since the Daytona 500 was a couple of weeks ago, I am going discuss when I got my first car. I have still have this car, and it's a used 2012 Volkswagen CC Sport.

    I remember when I finally got my driver license at 19 as it took me 4 times to pass my road test. I think to others, it was time for them to get All State to be protected from mayhem like me. I swear, I am a much better driver now than I was then. Anyway, I think for me, getting a car was the start of my adulthood. It was first step in getting my life together that led me to plan what I want to do, and so far have a successful college career. 

                                                                                                            Used 2012 Volkswagen CC

    Now, the story of my first car was since my parents got two brand new cars at a Volkswagen dealership, my family decided to get a used car at this dealership instead of a used dealership. My used 2012 Volkswagen CC Sport costed 11,000 dollars. The outside color of the car is black, and the interior color of the car is black. What love about my first car is it drives really smooth in every speed driven, and it is fairly updated for a 2012. This car has a place for an aux cord, and surprisingly a place for an iPod. Also, it has a 6 CD's holder, and Bluetooth to connect to any device. The backseat has a place to charge phones and a GPS. Then this car has cup holders in the front seat, but the backseat as well, and an air condition feature to have seat warmers. Finally, this feature I love, because it reminds of the first time, I drove my best friend in my car. The key is not a regular key that it turns to start the engine. It's a key, where you push the key in the key socket to start the engine. So, my best friend said, when I started the car is, "What is this, a spy car?" I found that so funny, because it does look like how spy starts their car in a spy movie. 

    I did say this car does drive smooth, but it only great, when the car works. What I mean by that is the greedy car dealer gave me a car that the person, who previously owned it, sold it at the right time, when all the problems with an old car started to happen. I didn't expect this, when the greedy car dealer knew he was getting a sale, which he could have steered me away from this one to get a reliable car, and my parents brought two new cars from him. It just something you expect from a used car dealership, not a well-known dealership. You live and you learn, I guess. Now, I  know for the next time, buying a car. Thank god, I had a reliable mechanic that did a great job for a fair price. 

    I'm hoping for this car to last me until college, and I could save enough money for my dream car. So, I am a big fan of psychedelia and flower power music of the Woodstock era, and a big fan of Scooby Doo. I love both of these things, since I was young, and I always wanted the car of the era, which is the same car as the Mystery Machine. I would love to drive original Volkswagen Microbus, not the new ones, because I think the new ones are ugly and not the same as the originals. A Volkswagen Microbus to me is unique and stands out from other cars. I think it just a car that represents my cool calm personality, the music I like, and my love for Scooby Doo. I would definitely paint the car with tie dye colors, and add stickers like The Grateful Dead logo, dancing bears and skeletons.  

    Let me know in the comments below, what your first car was and what your dream car is?
   
 
       
 
 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing ... work on the font size ... a little small :)

    also ... like that you added a questioin at end!

    ReplyDelete

Stranded On An Island Albums: Top 42 Pt. 2

      Last time, I started my 4-part blog series called stranded on an island album collection countdown. I talked about 42 to 33 on the lis...