Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A Warm Embrace- My Best Friend

    Next Monday on April 26th will be the celebration of National Hug A Friend Day. In honor of this day, I will talk about my best friend in the whole wide world, Joe Falzini.

    Joe has been mentioned and quoted on this blog a couple times. He is the man behind the quote, "What is this a spy car?" in the my first car post, and the mastermind asking if we are doing the catch from "Dirty Dancing," when we sing together, "I Had The Time Of My Life" by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes in my karaoke post last week. Also, you can find more quotes from him on Tina Perrotta's profile on me. He said sweet and thoughtful things about me that made me cry, when I read it at first. If you want to see the quotes from Joe, read Tina's really good profile on me. The link is below.            https://mwperrotta.blogspot.com/ 

    Now that I solved the mystery for you of who my best friend is with a picture and a name, let me discuss my friendship with Joe. We have been best friends for 17 years now, ever since we meant on the bus driving to our first day of kindergarten together, because we were on the same block. I remember we would always sit together on the bus and just talk. We would go our separate ways, because we had different kindergarten classes, but there were some days that the classes would merge into one. Those days would make us so happy as we saw each other a lot more. 


    I think why we get along so well and been best friends for so long is I think we have similar personalities. We never had a fight in the time that I known him. I feel we are always on the same wavelength, when talking about anything. Although at the same time, when we disagree about something, we respect each other views, we listen, and meet in the middle. Also, knowing that we can talk about things, I trust him so much to tell him personal things, because he will be understanding and supportive, not judgmental and make fun of me. I only have that trust with a selective few and he is definitely one of them.

    We have been through everything together, if it is helping each other through break-ups or tough times. So many memories of seeing our favorite bands live in concert and we are screaming on the top of our lungs or playing "Mario Super Strikers" on the Gamecube, while showing each other songs that we discovered. The times, when we did these improv comedy sketches, while during the bus rides in middle school and the bus driver nicknamed us the Three Stooges. Sometimes these funny bits turned into us writing songs in high school and we have great chemistry, when we jam on guitar together. There are times, when we go on full rants about football and our fantasy football teams. It is definitely smack talk, if I our fantasy football teams play each other or if it is my New York Giants against his New England Patriots. Just saying the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots dynasty twice in the Super Bowl, and he will never hear the end of that one.    

    We always do stuff for each other, even when it is not a birthday or holiday, because we go above and beyond for each other and we do it from the bottom of our hearts. I got him tickets as a Christmas present for Roger Waters, who is the bass player for Pink Floyd, because he is the biggest Pink Floyd fan ever and I wanted to make sure he experienced the closest thing to Pink Floyd. He has done the same back, even if he didn't buy the tickets for the Rolling Stones or Smith & Myers, who are from the band Shinedown, because it was 750 dollars each or sold out. He would give me 50 dollar birthday present, but just the thought that he was going to do that for me is the world for me, because he knew how much I love the Rolling Stones and wanted to give the same experience, he had with Pink Floyd. Last, Joe is someone that when I am having a bad day, he always does something that makes my day and I can't help to smile. Sometimes he does something really silly, and I just laugh so hard. Joe and I always have great times together, when we hangout or talk on video chat or the phone and I hope there are many more great times in the future.

    Let me know in the comments below, who your best friend is, and why? Also, tell me how you met your best friend?          



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stranded On An Island Albums: Top 42 Pt. 2

      Last time, I started my 4-part blog series called stranded on an island album collection countdown. I talked about 42 to 33 on the lis...